My group conducts research in hardware design for computing, communications and machine learning. We work at all levels, from algorithm, architecture to circuit design and emerging substrates. We are actively building hardware prototypes, IC chips, FPGAs, and embedded systems, to test new concepts. Our current research projects include:
- Neuro-inspired cognitive computing
- Processors for wireless communications
- Secure and error-resilient hardware
- Integration technologies: network on chip, high-speed links
- Memory-compute integration
- Computing in nano devices
We acknowledge the funding of our research projects by DARPA, ONR, NSF, Intel, Ford, Silicon Labs, and our past sponsors: NASA, STARnet, Toyota Research Institute, GM, and Broadcom Foundation.